Because Malta allows dual citizenship, most applicants for the Malta citizenship by investment program retain the citizenship of their home country in addition to receiving a second passport from Malta (EU). There is no requirement for Malta citizens to live in Malta once citizenship has been received. The Malta passport is rated as one of the most valuable passports in the world.
The benefits of Malta citizenship include permanent rights, privileges, and protections. Because Malta is a member of the European Union, Malta citizenship also allows applicants to live, work, and retire in all other EU member countries.
The time to process an application for Malta citizenship and start to receive citizenship benefits takes between 12 to 18 months, with Malta residency received in about two to three weeks after starting the citizenship application procedure.
Benefits of Malta citizenship include:
- The right to live, work, study, and retire in any country within the EU
- Visa-free travel to 186 countries
- Access to high-quality healthcare and education
- A transparent and robust financial infrastructure
- A long-standing, solid citizenship by investment program
- Residency processing of only 3 weeks
- Citizenship eligibility after only 12 months
- No Maltese language requirement
- English as a national language
- Dual citizenship is allowed
- Access to free education in the EU
- Access to free healthcare in the EU
- A better quality of life in a sunny and warm climate
- Personal security and the freedom associated with dual citizenship
- The opportunity to live /work/ study / retire in any EU or Schengen country
- The right to operate a business and work in the EU
- The opportunity to benefit from Maltese tax residency
- No minimum stay requirements
- Applicants are not required to continuously live in Malta before or after citizenship approval
- Membership in the EU since 2004 and the Schengen Area since 2007.
What are the benefits of Malta citizenship? Obtaining Maltese citizenship comes with numerous advantages, such as the opportunity to reside, work, or retire in a secure European country with a pleasant climate. Citizens also enjoy access to high-quality healthcare and education systems. Furthermore, possessing Maltese citizenship grants individuals the right to travel freely throughout Europe and visit over 180 destinations. The Malta (EU) passport is highly regarded as one of the most valuable passports globally. English is widely spoken in Malta, and applicants are permitted to maintain their original citizenship and passports since Malta allows for dual citizenship status.
Main Points: Malta citizenship benefits
- Malta passport one of the highest ranked
- Live, work, retire anywhere in the EU
- Visa-free travel in EU and 180+ countries
- High-quality healthcare and education
- English language spoken widely
- Dual citizenship allowed
- Sunny and warm climate
- Tax advantages
- Stable financial and political system
Because the Malta immigration by investment program details can change over time please contact us about the current rules and regulations.
Click here for the Malta citizenship by investment program. Click here for the Malta residency programs.
To start the application process online please register here.
For a detailed cost estimate or to schedule a confidential consultation please use our contact form.
Other articles in this series: